Luke 12:13-21; 1 Timothy 6:17
1. If asked, how would you define “rich”? In your own life, how much money/wealth would it take for you to consider yourself rich?
2. Read Luke 12:13-21. After reading this Scripture, how would you describe the difference between hoarding and responsible wealth management? Why is this distinction important?
3. In the story this week, Jesus concludes by saying, “this is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.” What does it mean to you to be rich toward God?
4. Read 1 Timothy 6:17. How does God “richly provide for our enjoyment” as Paul declares? Why do we have such a strong tendency to put our hope in wealth, “which is so uncertain”, as Paul says in this passage?
5. Why is the hope found in God so much more than that of wealth? What is one thing you can do this week to begin to put your hope in God instead of your wealth? What can your LifeGroup, small group, church, friends, family, etc., do to support you?
Read the inserted article “Why We Don’t Give to the Church” by A.J. Thomas. What are your thoughts on this article?