Colossians 1:19-23; 2 Corinthians 5:18-20
1. In looking at all the characteristics describing the greatness of Jesus in our series (Incarnation, Over All Creation, Head of Church, and Reconciler), which one do you resonate with the most and why?
2. Read Colossians 1:19 and 2 Corinthians 5:18-20. What does reconciliation with God mean to you? How do you personally need to be reconciled with God?
3. Read Colossians 1:20-23. What are the distractions that would hinder you from continuing firm and steadfast in the faith? What are the things that pull us all away from the message of reconciliation?
4. Why do you think reconciliation and making peace with humanity matters to God and why should it matter to us?
5. What are some practical ways we can reconcile with others in our lives (family, friendships, community, country, etc.)?
Circling back to an overview of the whole series, how does Jesus challenge the cultural idea of greatness? If Jesus truly is the “G.O.A.T.”, how is his vision and practice of greatness different from how our culture often views greatness? How can we be a witness of that greatness?