Acts 1:8; Acts 2:1–21; 2 Timothy 1:7
1. What are your personal feelings on the Holy Spirit?
2. Why do you think the church has so often neglected talking about the Holy Spirit?
3. Read Acts 1:8 and Acts 2:1-21. What are your initial thoughts on the famous story of the Holy Spirit coming at Pentecost? Do you find it intriguing? Weird? Interesting? Why?
4. Read 2 Timothy 1:7. Think of a time when you were aware of the Holy Spirit in your life. Did you feel a supernatural presence or strength? Did you feel God’s power? Why or why not?
5. What are some areas of your life where you are relying more on your own strength and not on the power of the Holy Spirit? How can you lean on God to live in the strength of the Spirit? What practical steps can you take?
How has the Holy Spirit helped you to find purpose in your life? What role does surrender play in receiving and understanding the Holy Spirit’s work in finding purpose?