1. When something in your life does not progress the way that you expected, how do you typically react? Why do you react that way?
2. When have you thought about quitting because things were much harder than expected? Why is quitting something that seems to always be a struggle in our lives?
3. Read Haggai 2:1-5. As the Israelites begin the rebuilding of the new Temple, they realize it does not come close to the glory or Solomon’s Temple. How does constantly comparing our progress to someone else’s finished product weaken our perseverance? How do you think we can guard against such comparison traps?
4. Read Haggai 2:6-9. How does the truth that God is with you in all seasons of life give you strength to persevere through difficult times? How do you personally lean on God in times that need perseverance?
5. What have you started and maybe stopped or paused? How will you press on with God to be strong and do the work?
Use the following link to watch a brief summary of The Book of Haggai and discuss your thoughts on the video with your LifeGroup or family/friends: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juPvv_xcX-U