Hebrews 11:24-26; Acts 5:29; Galatians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 2:4
1. Who are the people in your life that you often feel pressure to please? Why these persons? Is this pleasing unhealthy?
2. What are your motives for trying to be a people pleaser? What fears do you have if you fail to please them?
3. Read Hebrews 11:24-26. Think of a time when you were criticized for your obedience to God. What did you learn from your experience?
4. Read Acts 5:29 and Galatians 1:10: What steps can you make to focus more on pleasing God and not living for the approval of people?
5. Read 1 Thessalonians 2:4. What is the difference between not being a people pleaser and never caring what people think? What is the balance between living for God’s approval alone but not being dismissive of others in a negative manner?
Take steps to stop living for people and instead start living fully for God by reading and reflecting on the following Bible passages this week: Day 1: Galatians 1:6-10 -- Day 2: Proverbs 29:25 -- Day 3: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8 -- Day 4: John 12:37-43 -- Day 5: 2 Corinthians 5:6-10 -- Day 6: Romans 12:1-2