May 6, 2018
How To Get Out Of Your Own Way: Avoiding The Comparison Trap
Proverbs 14:30; 2 Corinthians 10:13, Galatians 6:3-4, 1 Timothy 6:6-7, Galatians 1:10
1. For fun, if there was a person you could trade lives with (even if just for a day), who would it be? Why that person?
2. Read Proverbs 14:30. When did you last compare yourself to someone else? Did you compare to make yourself feel better or worse? How did that go?
3. Read 2 Corinthians 10:13 and Galatians 6:3-4. How is the trap of comparison a sure way to forget the value God has for you and who God created you to be?
4. Read 1 Timothy 6:6-7. How does comparing ourselves to others rob us of contentment?
5. Read Galatians 1:10. If you adopted the mindset that your worth is strictly based on who you are in Jesus Christ, what would change in your personal, family, social and work life? Would you stop looking at others and how you compare to them?
The comparison trap diminishes gratitude in life. To counter this, what are you most grateful for in your life? What blessings can you celebrate that are unique to you?