James 1:13-18; Matthew 4:1-11
1. What (if anything) are you giving up for Lent? Why did you choose that one thing?
2. Read James 1:13-18. How would you define temptation?
3. Why do we tend to minimize what is at stake when we are tempted?
4. Can you think of any examples in your life when your response (good or bad) to temptation impacted your future? How did that impact play out over time?
5. Read Matthew 4:1-11. What can we learn about how to handle temptation from the responses of Jesus when he was tempted?
Share a story of a time when you overcame temptation--when you didn't give in. What was the key to your success?