The Micah's Backpack ministry provides meals and snacks for children in our area during the school year, who would otherwise be hungry during the weekends. We are currently serving 20 children at our faith partner schools.
Each week we deliver backpacks to our Faith Partner Schools (Long Creek and Allenbrook Elementary Schools).
We are currently in urgent need of the following food items, please consider donating any of these items and place them in the Micah's Backpack basket in the Welcome Center at Northlake Campus.
Soup (canned or microwave)
Macaroni & Cheese (microwave or boxed)
Grits (instant packets)
Backpacks are packed on Wednesday or Thursday nights throughout the school year and delivered to the schools each Friday by noon. If you or your small group feel led to serve, here are some ways to get involved with this ministry:
- sign up to help pack (see the instruction sheet below)
- sign up to deliver the bags to the school (see the instruction sheet below)
- host a food drive (see the food item list below)
- donate food items: we are currently in need of the following food items.
- Soup, canned or microwave
- Kraft brand Macaroni and Cheese, boxed or microwaveable ( peanut free)
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal
- Microwaveable meals
- Vienna sausages
- Beans and Weiners
- Milk, individual ( like, Horizon, Hershey, Nestle)
- Juice boxes, 100% juice
- Peanut free snacks ( for example, gold fish, Oreos, Keebler cookies, Cheetos, Doritos, potato chips, Pringles, Sun chips, Tostitos)
- sponsor a child (estimated cost: $10 a week/per backpack or $40 a month/per backpack)
You can email Sherry Webb if you have any further questions.