GET TO KNOW TONI
What do you do at Assurance?
I work with today's youth and their families to guide and provide opportunities for them to grow and go for Christ.
When did you begin to serve at Assurance?
I have been a member of Assurance for over a year, been attending for several years and been the youth director since October 1st, 2017.
Who inspires you?
Not to sound cliche, but today's youth inspire me. When you get to know them, truly listen to their thoughts and ideas, and you provide them with opportunities to implement their ideas and dreams, you realize that if they are encouraged and guided along the way, they will change the world for the better. On the other hand, I always found inspiration in my grandmother. She was always genuinely happy to see me and spend time with me and I want everyone I come in contact with the feel the same way.
What makes you laugh?
I'm not sure I truly laugh as much as I should (which is sad)...there is nothing better than a good belly laugh. I will say that I usually laugh the most when I am around children and teenagers. They find fun in most things and I miss the carefree feeling that I had as a kid.
Favorite Bible verse?
My two go-to Bible Verses:
- 'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ' Jeremiah 29:11
- 'He says, “Be still, and know that I am God” ' Psalm 46:10
Who is your favorite character in the bible?
Ruth is one of my favorite characters from the Bible for several reasons. My grandmother's name was Ruth and she has always been my role model. I've reflected on her life a lot since she passed away. She was the embodiment of the story of Ruth in the Bible. The lessons that I have taken from Ruth's story and that I saw my grandmother live as explained from www.biblestudytools.com are below:
1) God is concerned about all people regardless of race, nationality, or status.
2) Men and women are both equally important to God.'
3) There is no such thing as an unimportant person in God’s eyes.
4) God uses “little” things to accomplish great plans.
5) God sent our Redeemer, Jesus, to rescue us from the devastation of our own sin.