August 5, 2019
Who Are You? – An Ambassador
Scripture(s): 2 Corinthians 5:16-21; John 15:16-17; John 6:38
1. How would you describe yourself? As the series title asks: Who are you?
2. Read 2 Corinthians 5:16-17. What does “being in Christ” actually mean to you?
3. Read 2 Corinthians 5:18-19. What does reconciliation with God mean to you? How did you personally need to be reconciled with God?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 5:20-21. How would you describe the job of an ambassador? How do you see yourself as an ambassador of Christ? How does Paul describe our message as ambassadors of Christ, and how does that fit into your particular calling and personality?
5. Read John 15:16-17. What do you find exciting about representing heaven as an ambassador in this world? What, if anything, do you possibly find frightening? And what can help all of us overcome that fear?
Read John 6:38. How can we guard ourselves from putting our agenda before God’s agenda? What practical steps can we take to make sure we are properly doing our jobs as ambassadors of Christ?